Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Retrieval 5-04-10

Been blendering away, getting closer to finishing up the Retrieval Ship. It’ll be nice to work on something else. I’m trying to get this one finished before I get distracted by some other shiny object.

As you can see, quite a bit of progress made up all over, especially the swing arms and side engines. I ended up rebuilding the swing arm because the geometry was a bit of a mess and impossible to map.

At this point I’m having to resist the urge to go back and redo things in the textures, as I’ve learned better ways to do things in the intervening time since I first made them.

Here’s another of my older Roughnecks models. This is the landing pad that was seen in one of the Tophet episodes. Blister Bugs spit acid all over the structure and it collapses, right after the troopers escape to the Retrieval Ship. It’s big and probably has too many polys for anything but still pictures, but I still think it turned out pretty well. I’ve learned a lot since I made it, so I think I could do better in parts now.

No comments:

Post a Comment