Well, the work on this model and it’s textures have gone as far as I want to take it for now. Any changes I make to the textures from here on out are going to be subtle, small ones. I managed to get all the textures for this to fit onto two 2048X2048 UV maps. There are things that I am still not happy with. I used a lot of mirroring in the textures to keep the number of uv maps reasonable, and you can see it if you really look. I’m hoping that when I put the model into some interesting backgrounds and give it some action poses it will be less obvious.
Sunday, December 26, 2010
Tuesday, December 21, 2010
I’ve been meaning to put up some progress shots as the texturing has progressed, but I keep getting distracted by the actual texturing. It’s coming along pretty well. Trying to find that sweet spot between too much wear and tear and not enough. Btw, the pin-up art on the left shoulder comes from http://www.bawidamann.com/
Thursday, December 9, 2010
Thursday, December 2, 2010
I made some progress on the Marauder over the last couple of days. Got the lower legs built to the point where I am 85% happy with them. Still need to built the rocket thruster on the back of the leg. Also built the belt buckle/codpiece whatchamahavit thing.