Thursday, January 20, 2011

Skimmer 1-19-11

Hey, this thing is starting to resemble a Skimmer! Spending gawdawful amounts of time trying to get all those smooth sloping angles right, but it’s starting to pay off. Don’t think I’ll ever be able to get it dead on accurate to the original but I think it will end up being pretty cool.

For anyone looking for Starship Troopers models from the movie, you might want to head over to Foundation 3d. They have some in their mesh downloads section. You will need to create an account there to download, but it free and easy to do.

I found an interesting model for sale over at TurboSquid. I’d seen this arachnid warrior before, but I just noticed that the same modeler made a Retrieval Ship model also. Looks great. I have to admit, when I first saw it I was trying to figure out how someone had got a copy of the model I’d built. Once I looked closer at the pics, though, I could see the differences. The description says that his model has the cockpit, something I have not got around to doing yet. Kudos to modeler PrezBush for a couple of nicely made models.

No comments:

Post a Comment