Monday, June 21, 2010

Ape Marauder 6-20-10

Progress is going very sloooooooow.

Spending a lot of time tinkering with each little piece and it takes quite a while before I am happy with it. Also spent some time going through all my episodes of Roughnecks and bookmarking the scenes with good views of the marauders various parts. It took me quite a while but I finally found a shot showing the shoulder joint. It’s almost always hidden by the armor plate over it, so it was a little frustrating trying to figure out how it was supposed to be put together. I imagined it must be complicated, like the hip or knee joints, maybe:

Turns out it was just a simple sphere:

I also found some straight on front views and after doing some measuring in photoshop I discovered that I had been off on the dimensions of the cockpit. I had built it too wide. I resized all the parts and I think it looks better now. Here are some screenshots of how it is coming along. As you can see, I am working on the parts for the arms right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment