Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Ape Marauder 6-15-10

Progress is going a little slow on the Marauder model. Got stuck on the roll cage for a while but I think I finally nailed it. I’m always learning new tricks with Blender and this model is really teaching me.

I’m spending a lot of time staring at scenes of the Marauder in Roughnecks videos one frame at a time, trying to figure out what each piece is and how it’s put together. A lot of parts I’m just going to have to guess at. There aren’t a lot of good shots of the interior, especially below the window line.

Here are a few links to some other people’s SST modeling and fan art:

In this forum thread someone is making a trooper from the movie, including the movie Morita rifle.

Here's an Arachnid Warrior model by darth-biomech

and though it not 3d modeling, I still like the Warrior bug art on this page.

No comments:

Post a Comment