Friday, March 2, 2012

Johnny Rico model 3-1-12

Since finishing the Skimmer model, I have secluded myself in a distant, mountaintop monastery and set about learning the ways of Blender 2.6. I hated it with a deep hate at first but as I've worked with it, it's grown on me and I started to understand appreciate most of the changes that have been made since 2.49. I've been downloading and watching hundreds of video tutorials and I've been blown away by how little I knew before and how much Blender is capable of. Anyway, I've taken a stab at organic modeling, one of my weak spots , and was able to make a human head that bore a passing resemblance to the Johnny Rico character from Roughnecks. For the time being, until I find a good tutorial for modeling a male body, I've attached his head to a male base mesh model I downloaded from Blender Cookie. I'm working on building the powersuit now. Here are some pics of my progress. I'll throw some more up as I move along, but updates may be few and far between. I work slow.






No comments:

Post a Comment